Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Google Satellite Maps  

Google Maps just added an option for satellite photos. And I have to say ... wow. That is just wicked cool.

Not every location is covered by a high-resolution satellite photo, but a lot of places are. In particular, my town of Brecksville is available at the highest zoom level. I can see my house!

Play around with it for a while. Zoom in and out. It's incredibly fun. Here are a few neat locations to start with:

I'm incredibly stoked to see this feature in Google Maps. Yes, there are other sources for satellite and aerial imagery... but up until now it's either been slow and clunky, or a pay service. Integrating it with Google's terrific map interface makes all of that data extremely accessible for the first time.

Got any neat satellite image finds of your own? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments: